Creating Meeting Notes after a call is a time-consuming task. Sembly collects all the important topics structures them in one document and helps you deliver them to the team quickly.
Meeting Notes are created using the selected template for a specific meeting type. Sembly automatically identifies the appropriate template by analyzing the topics discussed in the meeting. You also have the option to manually change the meeting type if needed.
|Sembly Meeting Notes adapt to the language used during the meeting. If your team conducts meetings in one language or combines an additional language with English, Sembly prioritizes the most frequently used language for the notes. If the additional language is used in over 30% of the meeting, it will be favored.
Manage Meeting Notes and Templates
- Login to Sembly
- Open your completed meeting
- Meeting Notes is the first page you will land on
- On the top, you see an automatically detected meeting type. By clicking it, all the available meeting types appear. Each meeting type with a star icon indicates a unique Meeting Notes template with a specific format generated by Sembly. Meeting types without icons display a generic template.
- Opting for a different template prompts Sembly to regenerate Notes using the newly selected template. Once a template is generated, it gets backed up, allowing you to revisit it at any time by selecting its title from the list. Templates can be changed as soon as Notes are generated.
- If none of the templates meet your requirements, you have the option to select a Generic template. This template includes a meeting summary and outlined topics.
Be cautious about editing Notes and then switching to another template, as it will result in the loss of all your edits! Download Notes beforehand to be able to restore your version of the Notes.
- When modifying a template, you have the flexibility to adjust the Notes language. Simply select the "Yes, regenerate" option and pick your preferred language from the dropdown menu
- On the top, you can see the toolbar, where you can style the text, download the PDF file, revert editing changes, or copy the public link for guests to view the notes
- You can click the cursor everywhere on the text to start editing it
- Dive into your meeting and click anywhere in the text to start editing it. Use the toolbar on the top to apply text styles
- When you are done, click the Download button on the top to save the PDF file on your device or print the document
Note that users who have Edit access to the meeting can also edit and download meeting notes for their own purpose. Make sure to control the access levels if your meetings have sensitive information.
You can share a Meeting Notes link with users outside Sembly without meeting access and let them see the changes you make in real-time. To see the changes, users will need to refresh the browser page.
Set workspace rules for Notes format
Workspace admins can change the way Notes display information for all meetings in a particular workspace.
These settings play a crucial role in determining how Notes from your workspace will be pushed to any established integration. Once Sembly assigns a meeting type and generates Notes accordingly, they are automatically sent to your preferred tools linked to Sembly. Changing a template manually does not trigger a resend of the Notes.
To manage options, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings by clicking the gear icon next to your profile picture
- Under Workspace, select Details or follow this link
- Scroll down to the Meeting Notes section and choose one of the two options:
- Specific based on the meeting type - Sembly identifies and assigns a meeting type by analyzing the conversation during the meeting processing. This ensures a tailor-made Notes Template that aligns precisely with the nature of the discussion.
- Generic - Sembly creates generic Notes with a summary and outlined topics.
As of default settings, accounts created before December 16, 2023, are configured with a Generic format in their workspaces. This choice aims to prevent any disturbance to previously crafted and modified Notes.
For accounts created after this date, a customized format tied to the meeting type is automatically applied in their workspace settings.
Regardless of the settings at the workspace level, every team member retains the ability to manually alter the meeting template for Notes upon the completion of a meeting, either in the Meeting list or inside a meeting in Notes.