A calendar overbooked with meetings is typical in today’s working environment. With Sembly integrations to Google and Outlook calendars, there’s no need to invite the agent to every meeting! Connect your calendar and have all of your conference meetings captured or handpick meetings to record. It’s that easy!
Calendars give us access to capture all your scheduled video conferencing meetings (whether with Google Meet, Zoom, or other conferencing tools).
|Note, Sembly cannot attend any meetings in the past even after the calendar is connected (still no time machine!).
As with all other meetings you’d like to capture, Sembly will join only meetings that you schedule using a registered or aliased e-mail in your Sembly user account.
This article will guide you through the process of connecting Outlook calendar.
Users can connect to Outlook Calendar upon registration in Sembly or skip the step and connect in Settings.
- Login to Sembly
- In a sidebar, bottom-click your avatar
- Open Settings
- On the left side open My Calendars
- Select Outlook Calendar and click Connect
- Set up the inviting setting under which you'd like Sembly to attend your meetings:
- only meetings you created,
- all meetings in your calendar, or
- do not automatically attend meetings (all the meetings will still sync with Sembly with an Attend toggle, that you can activate whenever needed)
- Login to your Microsoft Outlook account. You can connect with another email address. Sembly will recognize this email as an alias and will add it to an alias list
- Accept all permissions and proceed. You will be redirected back to Sembly
- Outlook Calendar will now be connected. From now on, Sembly will automatically join meetings scheduled in your calendar (according to the invite settings you chose)
You can quickly find the utterance in the diarization from where the Activities item is taken: all the items are highlighted.
If you click the Activity item in the list, the diarization automatically scrolls to the relevant point in the meeting with a highlighted activity.
|Every time you make edits to your calendar events, changes will reflect in Sembly. Removing the event from your Calendar will also result in the meeting removal in Sembly.
Change Outlook Calendar Settings
You can also modify invite Settings to select meetings you wish Sembly to join: "All meetings in my calendar", "Only meetings I created" or "Don't automatically attend". If you choose "Don't automatically attend", Sembly still syncs all meetings in your calendar to its list - where you can handpick meetings you wish to record by toggling on/off the "Attend" button.
Disconnect Outlook Calendar
If you decide to disconnect your Outlook account all finished and submitted meetings will remain in Sembly.
- Login to Sembly
- Click your avatar on the bottom of a sidebar. In the dropdown select Settings
- On the left open My Calendars
- Click more next to Outlook account you wish to disconnect
- Click Disconnect
|After disconnecting, all the settings of the current Outlook Calendar will be removed including Invite Settings and permissions.
If you wish to connect another Outlook account to Sembly, disconnect first and then repeat the connection steps. A new account e-mail will be now listed in Aliases if it doesn’t match the e-mail you registered with.