This article shows how to create a custom integration between Zapier and Gmail (as an example) for pushing Meeting Notes from Sembly to every participant of your meeting.
As a third-party tool, we will use Zapier. It is online automation software that helps us to link other tools to Sembly. You can find additional information on how to work with Zapier here Zapier help center.
|To create the custom integration using other automation software, look for the guide materials in the tool’s help center.
Create Endpoint URL in Zapier
- Log in to your Zapier account or create a new account
- Click + Create Zap on the upper left
- Search for webhooks by Zapier or use our shortcut link: Webhook by Zapier
- In the “Event” field, click to open a dropdown and select Catch hook
- Click Continue (at the "App & event" and "Trigger" step)
- Copy the webhook URL and paste it into Sembly in the Endpoint URL field
- While you are still in Sembly, you can test the link you just pasted:
- In Zapier, click "Test Trigger" -> "Continue with selected record"
- Search for the platform (in our case Gmail) you will be connecting to Sembly
- In the “Event” field, click to open a dropdown, select Send email and click Continue
- Connect your Gmail account and click Continue
- Then fill in all required fields and click Continue
Field What you need to choose To "Participants" hook From Choose your email Subject Choose "Meeting title" hook and write text Meeting Notes Body type Plain Body Here you need to choose "Meeting Notes" hook. As optional, you can add "Started at" and "Ended at" hooks
- After, you need to Test action and click Publish
- Now we need to back to Sembly and save your integration by clicking Done
How to manually push Meeting Notes
- Open your meeting in Sembly and click the Zap icon
- In a dropdown, select the integration and click Post Meeting Notes...
- The Meeting Notes will be sent to all people that were on the attendees' list of the meeting