This article shows you how to create a custom integration between Zapier and Google Docs (as an example) for pushing Meeting Transcript from Sembly to your preferred tool.
As a third-party tool, we will use Zapier. It is online automation software that helps us to link other tools to Sembly. You can find additional information on how to work with Zapier here Zapier help center. You can also use similar to Zapier tools to push the transcript of your meetings from Sembly to other tools.
|To create the custom integration using other automation software, look for the guide materials in the tool’s help center.
Create Endpoint URL in Zapier
- Log in to your Zapier account or create a new account
- Click + Create Zap on the upper left
- Click the Trigger and search for webhooks by Zapier in the App event or use our shortcut link: Webhook by Zapier
- In the “Event” field, click to open a dropdown and select Catch hook
- Click Continue (at the "App & event" and "Trigger" step)
- Copy the webhook URL and paste it into Sembly in the Endpoint URL field
- While you are still in Sembly, you can test the link you just pasted
- In Zapier, click "Test Trigger" -> "Continue with selected record"
- Search for the platform (in our case Google Docs) you will be connecting to Sembly
- In the “Event” field, click to open a dropdown, select Create document from text and click Continue
- Connect your Google Drive account and click Continue
- Then fill in all required fields and click Continue
Field What you need to choose Document name "Meeting title" hook and write text Meeting Transcript Document content Choose "Meeting transcription", "Meeting link" hooks. As optional, you can choose other hooks and write some text.
- After you need to Test action and click Publish
- Now we need to back to Sembly and save our integration by clicking Done
How to manually push Meeting Transcript
- Open your meeting in Sembly and click the Zap icon
- In a dropdown, select the destination where you want the transcript to be sent and click Post Transcription...
- The Meeting Transcript will be sent to your Google Drive