Sembly supports outbound integrations for transcripts, meeting notes, and tasks. The integrations are enabled via HTTPS POST requests to a configurable endpoint with configurable field names containing relevant data for each content item (transcript, meeting notes, or tasks). This guide is tailored for developers interested in building custom adapters in their local environments to receive and process this data.
- Integrations can be configured independently by each user on Sembly. Only that user’s meetings (i.e., the completed meetings in that user’s “My Meetings” view) are in scope and will be processed by that user’s integration
- If multiple users who attended the same meeting each configure an integration, the integration will be triggered multiple times (once for each user)
- Workspace-level integrations setup, configurable by Workspace Admins with meeting scope over all meetings that occur in their workspace, can be found here
- All outbound integration POST requests are triggered after the meeting is fully processed by Sembly, and there may therefore be a delay between the end of the meeting attended by Sembly or a completed upload of a recording and the triggering of the integration request
- For Notes and Transcripts, there is one POST request at the end of a meeting or recording
- For Tasks, there are multiple POST requests, one for each task item generated in the meeting
Creating a new integration
To create a new custom integration in Sembly, follow the next steps:
- Login to Sembly and go to Settings. In the menu on the left, select My Integrations
- Select the tab Custom and hit Add. You can connect 10 tools to your workspace
- Then choose what exactly you want to export: Notes, Transcript, or Tasks/ToDo's
- In a popup, fill in all required fields:
- Title - name the integration
- Description - add more details
- Active - leave the toggle on. Read more here
- Automation rule - here you have three options: disabled allows exporting data manually; send all meetings I have access to upon selecting this option, all the transcripts, notes or tasks/todo's will be automatically exported from meetings that you have access to; send meetings with keywords in the title upon selecting this option, all the transcripts, notes or tasks/todo's will be sent from meetings that include specific labels in their titles and are accessible to you
- Endpoint URL - paste the URL which will receive POST request from Sembly in your system
Understanding the POST Request
When you set up a custom integration in Sembly, the platform will send a POST request to the specified endpoint URL. The body of this request will be a JSON payload containing the data you've chosen to export (Meeting Notes, Transcripts, or Tasks/ToDos). To successfully receive data from Sembly ensure your endpoint is capable of handling POST requests.
JSON Payload Structure
Depending on the type of data you've chosen to export, the JSON structure will vary:
Meeting Notes & Transcripts: The payload will contain details of the meeting, including participants, date, and the content of the notes or transcript.
Tasks/ToDos: Each task or todo will be pushed individually. The payload will contain task details, such as title, description, and due date.
Configuring Callback Fields
While setting up the custom integration in Sembly, you have the option to customize the callback fields. This allows you to:
- Exclude certain fields you don’t want to receive
- Rename fields to match the naming convention or structure of your system
Ensure you understand the requirements of your system before making changes to these fields
Testing Your Integration
Before fully enabling your custom integration:
- Set up a test environment to validate the incoming data
- Use the button Test to simulate POST requests from Sembly and ensure your system processes the data correctly
Enabling your integration
After you tested the integration and your system properly received the test data from Sembly and configured the automation rule you need (disabled, all meetings I have access to, meetings with keywords in the title), save your integration by clicking Done
Now you’ve set up custom integration successfully and can wait for data coming into your system after the next meeting will be processed by Sembly.