You can record your meeting or your voice within Sembly, no need to create a conference call if you are in one room with everybody else during a meeting. We recommend using hardware devices for more defined sound quality and the best transcription result. You can also use your local microphone.
|Note that the voice recorder is a feature designed for offline meetings. If you make an attempt to record an online meeting in another tab, Sembly may not catch other speakers.
|To ensure successful recording, don't refresh the browser page or switch browser tabs.
- Login to Sembly and click the +New Meeting key, which is in the upper right corner of the screen
- In a dropdown, select Record Meeting
- Click the mic icon to check your audio permissions
- If you didn't allow microphone access, in a popup window, click Allow Sembly to access your microphone (usually a default microphone in browser settings)
Once you have granted all the necessary permissions, choose the microphone you wish to use from a dropdown list
- Then you'll be able to choose the Primary and Additional language for the current meeting. Set the languages you will be talking on during this meeting so that they can be correctly recognized and transcribed by Sembly
- Start your dialogue. You can pause the record if needed and resume it in the upper right corner of the screen
- Once you are finished, click the Stop key to save the meeting. In a pop-up, type in the meeting title and click Submit
- If you wish to cancel the recording, you can click the Bin in the upper right corner of the screen. Or, after clicking stop, select Cancel Recording in a pop-up instead of saving the meeting
- If you are a Safari user, using a built-in microphone for recordings is better. If you plug in an external microphone to your laptop or PC for a better experience, we suggest using Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and Edge to make recordings.
- Make sure that the default microphone in your browser settings is your device's microphone or the provided external microphone.